Two buildings in Manhattan are now official historic landmarks following designation by the Landmarks Preservation Commission. The Commissioners unanimously voted to designate The Educational Building at 70 Fifth Avenue in Greenwich Village and the Holyrood Episcopal Church-Iglesia Santa Cruz at 715 West 179th Street in Washington Heights.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
Gotham Organization’s contentious new development at 130 St. Felix Street in Downtown Brooklyn is now under review by the Department of City Planning as part of the New York’s Uniform Land Use Review Procedure. Known simply as ULURP, the procedure is required for projects that require special review or modifications to existing zoning regulations.
BKSK Architects again appeared before the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) seeking approvals for a single-story addition and storefront infill at 63-65 Gansevoort Street in Manhattan. Considering the property’s location in the Meatpacking District, also referred…
Kane AUD will again appear before the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) with proposals to update an aging Italianate rowhouse in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Located at 176 Washington Park, the five-story building was originally constructed around 1860 and has sat in disrepair for decades.
Plans to construct a pair of high-rise towers at 250 Water Street in the South Street Seaport Historic District have been dramatically scaled down, as revealed in updated proposals from Howard Hughes Corporation and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill. Additional members of the project team include architects JHPA and historic preservation consultants Higgins Quasebarth & Partners.