Plans to expand New York Blood Center’s headquarters at 310 East 67th Street in Manhattan have drawn ire from Lenox Hill residents and Upper East Side community groups. The development calls for demolition of the center’s existing property and the construction of a new 16-story building.
Full demolition permits have been filed for 251 East 77th Street in Lenox Hill on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. According to the filing, the site is owned by Benjamin Ohebshalom of Gallery 77 Associates, LLC. It currently houses a five-story mixed-use building with 14 residential units and two commercial units. The 48-foot-tall structure was built in 1910.
Full demolition permits have been filed for three buildings, a four-story and two five-story structures at 1209-1213 First Avenue in Lenox Hill, Manhattan. The mixed commercial and residential buildings are part of an assembled 13,000-square-foot lot, owned by Kamran Hakim under the 1205-1215 First Avenue Annex, with a total of 138 residential units and 15 commercial units. It is unclear what plans are in store, as no new construction permits have been filed yet. Peter Tauberer, PE is listed as the applicant of record for all three permits.