Located in the West Village, and bound by West 10th Street, Washington Street, and Greenwich Street, a new proposed expansion for the Village Community School is currently being reviewed by the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Approval would potentially bring a four-story addition, designed by Marvel Architects, to the eastern side of the property, at the corner of West 10th Street and Greenwich Street. The corner is currently the site of the school playground, originally built in 1945. The school and project site are located among two historic districts in Greenwich Village, sitting on the southwest corner of the established areas.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
A new six-story residential building at 485 Tompkins Avenue in Stuyvesant Heights, Brooklyn is about to undergo reviews by the Landmarks Preservation Commission. The proposal calls for the demolition of the two-story vacant building currently on site, and would create a new ground-up structure. The new building is being proposed and designed by NV Design Architecture.
Marvel Architects and Forman Group will again present proposals to New York City’s Landmark Preservation Commission in an effort to redevelop an existing two-story building for office and retail use at 29 Jay Street in Brooklyn. Located in the DUMBO Historic District, completion of “The Forman Building” would require zoning amendments to allow for a higher than approved street wall, mixed-use designation, and facade design.
DXA Studio will soon present its proposal for a new five-story residential building in Brooklyn’s Stuyvesant Heights Historic District. Located at 375 Stuyvesant Avenue, the corner lot is positioned immediately behind a historic mansion originally constructed between 1914 and 1915.
Located in Lower Manhattan and bounded by Broadway, Leonard Street, Catherine Lane, and Lafayette Street, the conversion and restoration process at 108 Leonard Street, aka 346 Broadway, is an ongoing and intricate effort. Built on a thin, rectangular block with an Italian Renaissance revival architectural style, it was completed in 1894 by McKim Mead & White, the “starchitects” of the early 20th century in New York.