Xenolith Partners has announced plans to jumpstart construction at the site of a derelict and abandoned police precinct in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Located at 1546 East New York Avenue, the building is over 100 years old and once functioned as the 65th, then later the 73rd Police Precinct with jurisdiction over the northern corner of Brownsville.
Renderings from Xenolith Partners and Alexander Gorlin Architects reveal a new eight-story building at 760 Soundview Avenue in Soundview, The Bronx. The parcel is currently in pre-construction, but will eventually replace the Soundview Presbyterian Church with a mix of rental apartments, an updated chapel building, and a community facility.
Permits have been filed for a 16-story residential building at 1810 Watson Avenue in Soundview, The Bronx. Located at the intersection of Thieriot Avenue and Watson Avenue, the development will be called Casa Celina and also have the address 1001 Thieriot Avenue. The corner lot is two blocks south of the St. Lawrence Avenue subway station, serviced by the 6 train. New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is listed as the owner behind the applications. Developers for the project include developed Xenolith Partners, The Kretchmer Companies, ELH Mgmt., and JASA.