Exterior work is wrapping up on 130 William Street, an 800-foot-tall residential skyscraper in the Financial District and number 14 on our annual construction countdown. Designed by David Adjaye of Adjaye Associates and developed by Lightstone with Hill West Architects as the architect of record, the 66-story project recently began closings for its 242 units, which are being marketed by Corcoran Sunshine. Prices are expected to range from around $1,300,000 for a one-bedroom apartment to $20,000,000 for a four-bedroom, full-floor penthouse.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) recently granted Trinity Church necessary approvals to modify signage on the grounds of both the historic church and cemetery grounds at 75 Broadway. This includes digital displays, flagpole signage, and bronze placards.
Demolition of the vacant 15-unit, five-story tenement building at 116 Second Avenue is underway after last Sunday’s massive six-alarm fire in the East Village that devastated the adjacent and historic 128-year-old Middle Collegiate Church. The building is now entirely razed and the site has been mostly cleared, with only a pile of brick remaining on the eastern end of the property.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission has approved proposals to construct a glass-clad rooftop addition at 13 Harrison Street in Manhattan. The property is located within the TriBeCa West Historic District and thus required certificate of appropriateness from the voting commissioners.
A six-alarm fire early Saturday morning has destroyed 116 Second Avenue, a vacant 15-unit, five-story tenement building in the East Village, and heavily damaged the 128-year-old Middle Collegiate Church directly next door. The blaze was first reported at 4:48 a.m. and quickly spread to the historic church at 112 Second Avenue, which is located between East 6th and 7th Streets. It took 44 units with 198 firefighters to contain the inferno, and four firefighters suffered minor, non-life-threatening injuries. A third structure on East 7th Street also caught fire, but luckily everyone inside was able to safely escape. There is still no word as to the exact cause of the fire at this moment.