The Landmarks Preservation Commission will review proposals from CWB Architects to construct a row of five identical townhomes in the Fort Greene Historic District. Located along Clermont Avenue, the property addresses range from 352 to 360 Clermont Avenue and would replace an existing one-story parking structure and a surrounding parking lot.
Each home includes four stories above ground, one cellar level, and a rear yard. The residences will offer four bedrooms, large master levels with private study and lounge areas, laundry units, a sizable roof deck, and a private, single-vehicle parking garage.
The exteriors will feature traditional brickwork similar to many structures in Fort Greene. Both front and rear elevations of the building offer large window openings to promote the flow of natural light throughout each home.
The Fort Greene Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 and is recognized for its heavy concentration of townhouses constructed between 1840 and 1890. In addition to historic residences, the Battle of Long Island was fought in Fort Greene in 1776, and the neighborhood gets its name from a fort from that was ordered to be built by General Nathanael Greene.