Full demolition permits have been filed for 4023 and 4037 Broadway, 600 West 170th Street, and 601 West 169th Street in Washington Heights. According to the filing, the four adjacent sites are owned by New York Presbyterian under Royal Charter Properties. The assemblage currently houses three mixed-use buildings with 13 residential units and 11 commercial units and was built in 1950.
Plans were filed in April for the 24,402-square-foot lot with 191-foot-long frontage along Broadway, 169th Street, and 170th Street. New York Presbyterian proposed a 13-story mixed-use building yielding 212,237 square feet, with 110,551 square feet designated for residential space, 73,646 square feet for community facility space, and 8,723 square feet for commercial space. The development, designed by Arquitectonica, will mainly be housing for hospital staff and patients, featuring 150 employee apartments made of a mix of one-bedrooms and studios and 98 rooms for hospital guests and their families.
The site is a five-minute walk from the 168th Street subway station, serviced by the A and C trains and the 168th Street-Washington Heights station, serviced by the 1 train.
South Bay Engineering is listed as the applicant of record.