The condominium conversion of the Upper East Side’s Manhattan House – a landmarked 20-story, 584-unit rental complex, located at 200 East 66th Street and built in 1951 – is now wrapping up, the Observer reports. O’Connor Capital Partners shelled out $623 million for the exclusive rental property back in 2005. Today, the complex sports 495 condominiums and an additional 93 rent-stabilized units. Twenty-six of the condos have yet to be sold. Gordon Bunshaft of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill originally design Manhattan House, and Sasaki Associates designed the building’s private garden.
O’Connor Capital Partners
Curbed reports that a teaser site has been launched for the condominium conversion of the 30-story rental tower at 200 East 62nd Street, at the bottom of the Upper East Side. Currently dubbed The Wellington, O’Connor Capital Partners acquired the building in 2014 for $240 million and plans to market 115 condo units. Messana O’Rorke is designing, and opening is expected in the fall of this year.