While Alma Realty and the Durst Organization are starting to reshape the Astoria waterfront with their megaprojects on Hallets Point and Vernon Boulevard, smaller developments have started to appear on the sleepy western edge of Astoria near Socrates Sculpture Park. Developer DK Real Estate Group has filed a new building application for a skinny eight-story, 15-unit building at 14-35 Broadway, between 14th and 21st Streets.
Arthur Shapolsky is set to acquire the development assemblage consisting of 23-27 Third Avenue and 3 St. Marks Place in the East Village, across the street from Astor Place. The properties, set to trade for roughly $50 million, are currently occupied by a three-story townhouse and some retail structures. The site could accommodate a new building of 41,500 square feet, though plans have not yet been disclosed.
Oxford Nursing Home is planning to build a 138,000 square-foot, 200-bed nursing home at 141 Conover Street, in Red Hook, as well as a 37,000 square-foot health care facility. The development requires a trek through the ULURP process, because the block must be rezoned for residential purposes, according to DNAinfo. Construction is expected to begin in late 2016 or early 2016, pending proper approvals, and multiple low-rise structures must first be demolished.
Fas Building Corporation has filed applications for four two-family residential buildings spanning the lots of 6-18 Brighton Street and 7474 Amboy Road, in Tottenville on Staten Island’s south shore. Each building will stand three stories tall, and units will average 1,270 square feet apiece. Stanley Krebushevski’s SMK Architect is designing, and an existing 2.5-story house must first be removed.
Infinity Real Estate plans to add two floors to the three-story, 160,000 square-foot mixed-use commercial building at 1630 East 15th Street, next to the Kings Highway stop on the B and Q lines in Midwood. According to Commercial Observer, the 60,000 square-foot office expansion is being designed by Zyscovich Architects. The building is currently 100 percent leased, and was acquired by the current owners in 2014.