Full demolition permits have been filed for 1594-1598 Second Avenue on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. According to the filing, the adjacent sites are owned by Kalimian Group under the ELK 300 East 83 LLC and currently house two five-story mixed-use buildings. Within the 60-feet-tall structures is a combined 17,540 square feet, eight units apiece, and ground-floor commercial space.
Permits have been filed for a four-story residential building at 204 Withers Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Located between Graham Avenue and Humboldt Street, the interior lot is four blocks from the Graham Avenue subway station, serviced by the L train. Mateusz Rostek under the 204 Withers Residence LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Work is steadily progressing on the red brick curtain wall of 555 West 22nd Street, a 26-story condominium building in Chelsea. Designed by Robert A. M. Stern Architects and developed by Related Companies with SLCE Architects as the architect of record, the nearly 300-foot-tall reinforced concrete superstructure stands right across from the Hudson River and Hudson River Park. The 250,000-square-foot project will yield 141 units, averaging around 2,245 square feet apiece.
Gabellini Sheppard Associates has proposed an extensive redesign of existing lighting fixtures in an effort to improve the illumination of distinguished artworks throughout Rockefeller Center. The scope of work covers nearly every building and their respective façades between West 48th Street and West 51st Street, spanning Sixth Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza, and Fifth Avenue.
Demolition permits have been filed for a five-story, 41,358-square-foot structure at 70 Mulberry Street in Manhattan’s Chinatown. According to the filing, the site is owned by the City’s Department of Citywide Administrative Services. 70 Mulberry Street made headlines in January when the historic building was destroyed in a five-alarm fire.