Full demolition permits have been filed for 15 Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. Located between West 10th Street and Christopher Street, the 1,500-square-foot site has 20 feet of street frontage.
Two buildings in Manhattan are now official historic landmarks following designation by the Landmarks Preservation Commission. The Commissioners unanimously voted to designate The Educational Building at 70 Fifth Avenue in Greenwich Village and the Holyrood Episcopal Church-Iglesia Santa Cruz at 715 West 179th Street in Washington Heights.
Full demolition permits have been filed for 327 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. According to the filing, the site is owned by William Gottlieb Real Estate. Located at the intersection of Christopher Street and Bleecker Street, the site currently houses a four-story mixed-use building with two residential units and three commercial units. The 53-foot-tall structure was built as a two-story house between 1832 and 1833.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission will tomorrow review proposals from Madison Realty Capital to construct a new 19-story condominium building at 14-16 Fifth Avenue. Designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects with Hill West, the tower would eventually house 20 units, but will first need a Certificate of Appropriateness from the voting commissioners.
DXA Studio will again appear before the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) with updated plans to renovate and expand a landmarked warehouse building near Union Square. The property is located at 827-831 Broadway and was formerly the home of artists Willem and Elaine de Kooning.