To construct a rooftop addition at 11 Bond Street in Manhattan’s NoHo Historic District, Marin Architects will appear before the city’s Landmark Preservation Commission with updated proposals. The Colonial Revival building, also referred to as 348 Lafayette Street, was originally completed in 1913 by architects Elisha H. Janes and August W. Cordes.
This time around, the alterations are less grand in scope. They build upon previously approved applications to create an expanded fourth floor and rooftop terrace. If approved, the range of alterations would comprise an extension of the fourth floor, the addition of storage space and ADA-accessible bathrooms at the roof level, a new glass guardrail on the roof, and the installation of illuminated brass signage.