Rendering Revealed for 2500 Barker Avenue in Allerton, The Bronx

Rendering of 2500 Barker Avenue - J Frankl AssociatesRendering of 2500 Barker Avenue - J Frankl Associates

A new rendering has been revealed for 2500 Barker Avenue, a seven-story mixed-use building under construction in the Allerton neighborhood of The Bronx. Designed by J Frankl Associates, the 74-foot-tall building will yield 48,452 square feet, with just under 36,000 square feet of residential area and about 12,500 square feet of ground-floor commercial space.

Specific details regarding building components are sparse. Permit applications with the Department of Buildings specify 53 rental units, but do not clarify the planed mix of apartment floor plans or if any of the residences will debut as affordable homes. Renderings appear to illustrate a ground-floor commercial component, most likely intended for retail use.

It is also unclear what type of construction materials were selected for the building’s facade. Renderings appear to depict a sandy-hued cementitious material, black metal cladding, a floor-to-ceiling punched window system above the ground floor, and dark metal framing. A setback below the top story appears to make way for a landscaped terrace.

The property will also include an enclosed parking garage for nine vehicles. No completion date has been announced.

Follow YIMBYgram for real-time photo updates
Like YIMBY on Facebook
Follow YIMBY’s Twitter for the latest in YIMBYnews

TFC Horizon

23 Comments on "Rendering Revealed for 2500 Barker Avenue in Allerton, The Bronx"

1. Evelyn Fantauzzi | January 12, 2021 at 7:52 am | Reply

I want a studio apartments ty so much pass away my family 3 mom daughter brother be safe

2. Great infill.

3. People pointlessly asking for apartment applications in 3..2..1..

4. “Hand me the application you c********** m***********!!!”

– The Usual Suspects

5. Some comments are worth reading others, NFA not so much. I believe NFA was probably at the capitol during the chaos. POS!

6. Vishnu Ramcharitar | January 12, 2021 at 10:46 pm | Reply

How do I get a application KINDLY let me know

7. I’m really interested in a studio apartment please I really need apartment building Internet available my name is Kevin Whaley

8. How can I apply for applications I really need a studio or one bedroom please let me know you can email me call me my phone number is 516-444-2119 I just need to know where I live at I need to move out ASAP

9. Margarita Rivera | January 13, 2021 at 10:02 am | Reply

How I can apply for apartment

10. Nanette F. Drayton | January 13, 2021 at 11:18 am | Reply

Hi rental for 2500 Barker Avenue in Allerton of the Bronx…..wld like an application for Studio/1 bdrm bfor the deadline criteria. Please send me if available! Thanks kindly

11. Allerton? Since when is that a neighborhood? It’s an avenue. You mean Bronxdale? Williamsbridge? Go gentrify somewhere that you at least take the time to learn the names.

12. I’m interested in getting an application for one of your apartments I would need a one-bedroom apartment it is for myself 62 and my husband 67 we would like a second with dirt floor we are pretty old and I feel that this is the perfect place for us please email and let me know where could I go for that application thank you Miriam Ruiz.

13. Yocasta Germosen | January 13, 2021 at 3:35 pm | Reply

I would like to get a one bedroom apartment for my parents…

14. Hector Figueroa | January 13, 2021 at 6:07 pm | Reply

It’s a shame that you can publish about the housing but you can’t publish on how or where to get an application We are not mind readers or have a crystal ball to tell us

• I am looking for a 2 or 3 bedrooms for my daughter and I. We temporary in with my mother BC I lost everything due domestic abuse and I had to leave and in my mothers i am in the way and we sleep on the floor. I’m so desperate for a place for us and be confidable thank you

• It’s literally a hole in the ground, if you want to sleep there go ahead!

15. Please indeed one bed room , how can I get the form . If I can get in Allerton.

16. Need a studio contact info 3475897434

17. Veronicaweeks Weeks | January 16, 2021 at 1:54 pm | Reply

Please I would like an application I make 20,000 ayear considered working poor for a 1bedroom