Housing Lottery Launches for CLOTH Amsterdam in Washington Heights, Manhattan

CLOTH AmsterdamCLOTH Amsterdam

The affordable housing lottery is now open for CLOTH Amsterdam, a collection of 16 renovated rental units across four buildings including 2110 and 2185 Amsterdam Avenue, 2488 Seventh Avenue, and 2794 Eighth Avenue in Manhattan’s Washington Heights neighborhood. Available on NYC Housing Connect are a mix of studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom units for residents at 50 to 60 percent of the area median income, ranging in eligible income from $26,023 to $84,600.

2794 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

2794 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

2488 Seventh Avenue was built in 1921, with 25 residential units and two commercial spaces across six floors. The five-story 2794 Eighth Avenue was built in 1920, with 16 residential units and three commercial spaces. 2185 Amsterdam Avenue, a six-story structure with 22 residential units and two commercial units, was built in 1906. Built in 1910, 2110 Amsterdam Avenue is a five-story building with 12 residential units and one commercial space.

2488 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Boulevard, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

2488 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Boulevard, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

At 50 percent of the AMI, there are six affordable studios with a $695 monthly rent for incomes ranging from $26,023 to $45,500; two one-bedrooms with a $881 monthly rent for incomes ranging from $32,675 to $51,200; and one three-bedroom with a $1,504 rent for incomes ranging from $55,509 to $70,500.

2185 Amsterdam Avenue, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

2185 Amsterdam Avenue, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

At 60 percent of the AMI, there are five two-bedrooms with a $1,308 monthly rent for incomes ranging from $48,035 to $73,680; and two three-bedrooms with a $1,504 monthly rent for incomes ranging for $55,509 to $84,600.

2110 Amsterdam Avenue, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

2110 Amsterdam Avenue, part of CLOTH Amsterdam Housing Lottery

Prospective renters must meet income and household size requirements to apply for these apartments. Applications must be postmarked or submitted online no later than February 2, 2021.

Follow YIMBYgram for real-time photo updates
Like YIMBY on Facebook
Follow YIMBY’s Twitter for the latest in YIMBYnews

TFC Horizon

44 Comments on "Housing Lottery Launches for CLOTH Amsterdam in Washington Heights, Manhattan"

1. Michael Jenkins | January 12, 2021 at 12:15 pm | Reply

2794 8th ave is in HARLEM, as well as 2488 7th ave, that is no where near the heights….who makes these lol

2. Please can yiu give me an Aoaetment i newd it as soon as posdible thanks,

Ana Reyes

3. Please can I have an Apartment, Dont have Section 8 but have an SSI check montly of $750.00. And I would Apply for HUD
    Ana Reyes

4. Ronald DeRobertis | January 12, 2021 at 3:45 pm | Reply

How do I apply for these buildings

5. How do I apply? Do u have the link?

6. solange herrera | January 12, 2021 at 4:55 pm | Reply

No soy ciudadana pero mi hija si puedo aplicar s un apt de 1cuarto con un incontax de 24.000

7. How to apply thank you

8. Nicole Holligan | January 12, 2021 at 5:21 pm | Reply

How do I apply?

9. How do you apply for the lottery housing

• Good morning I am interested in the lottery. And hoping i can get an opportunity to have a application. Thank you and have a beautiful day.

10. Good evening,

I want to apply. Please email me an application. Thank You

11. Bernarda Mercedes | January 12, 2021 at 7:20 pm | Reply

I want to apply.
    What can I do?
    Please 🙏

12. Bernarda Mercedes | January 12, 2021 at 7:21 pm | Reply

I want to apply.
    What can I do?
    Please

13. I retired I am qualifying. Thank you.

14. I want to apply

15. Quiet gentleman..looking for an affordable studio apartment..I have no kids.no pets..seeking to recolate to Harlem from Brooklyn.
    Whereas the building I’ve been living in for 30 years is being sold due death of owner..im requesting an application.at your descrestion..thank you in advance

16. Please send me a link please

17. Hi my name is Ebrima camara I’m looking for apartments for rent if this project is possible available I’m a household family members looking for two bedrooms

18. Patricia Bernard | January 13, 2021 at 7:45 am | Reply

I’m a 62 yr old NYC employee on waiting list for Section 8. I also applied to numerous housing connected projects but still waiting. I would like to be considered for a 2 bedroom apartment. Thank you.

19. Geury A. Ortega | January 13, 2021 at 7:56 am | Reply

I have a new born and need an apt

20. Fernelia batista | January 13, 2021 at 9:26 am | Reply

Please send me links

21. Fernelia batista | January 13, 2021 at 9:29 am | Reply

I want to apply

22. I need to move to the area, near relatives because I am elderly lady who lives alone

23. Evelina C Anderson | January 13, 2021 at 10:11 am | Reply

How do I apply for the post

24. Evelina C Anderson | January 13, 2021 at 10:12 am | Reply

I will love to move there how do I get in

25. Would like a studio apartment for 1 person.

26. Help!lol retired nurse living on retirement only get me out of LA !I was born in NYC need 3 bedrooms

27. Walter Cifuentes | January 13, 2021 at 12:37 pm | Reply

Hello.srs.
    I’m Walter Cifuentes,I’ve been living in the heights for the passed 25 years
    I’d love to be able to apply for an apartment in a building in Amsterdam ave.the lottery going on .so if it is possible and send me info.in how to apply for this lottery

28. Rafael Regalado | January 13, 2021 at 1:42 pm | Reply

Rafael Regalado, please tell us how do I apply, need 2 bathroom.

29. Anabel Rodriguez | January 13, 2021 at 6:53 pm | Reply

How can I apply to these buildings ….

30. I would like to Apply.Where do I get Application

31. How to apply?

32. How do you apply? Would be good to know.

33. How do I apply ?

34. Hello I would like to apply can you please email me the application at [email protected]
    Thank you so much!