E. Cobb Architects has again presented proposals to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a hulking private residence at 11 Hubert Street in the Tribeca West Historic District. The design team was commissioned by an unnamed private client to design a five-story single-family structure on the corner of Hubert and Collister Streets.
Permits have been filed for a 32-story mixed-use building at 308 West 43rd Street in Midtown West, Manhattan. Located between Eighth Avenue and Ninth Avenue, the through lot is around the corner from the 42 Street-Port Authority subway station, serviced by the A, C, and E trains. Taconic Partners under the 311 West 42nd Street Associates is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a five-story hotel building at 1665 Jerome Avenue in Morris Heights, The Bronx. Located across the street from a Cross-Bronx Expressway ramp, the lot is two blocks from the Mount Eden Avenue subway station, serviced by the 4 train and a few blocks from the 175th Street station, serviced by the B and D trains. Prakashkumar Patel under the Jerome Hotel Holdings LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications. Previously plans for the site included a 13-story supportive housing project called Redemption Plaza.
YIMBY recently toured the sales gallery for the upcoming partial residential conversion of the Waldorf Astoria. Dubbed The Towers of The Waldorf Astoria, the project will create 375 residences ranging from studios to penthouses. Addressed 303 Park Avenue, the 625-foot-tall Art Deco landmark was built by Schultze and Weaver in 1931 and is currently undergoing a major restoration that also includes the renovation of 375 hotel rooms.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) and local Community Board 7 have again failed to approve proposals to renovate and enliven an abandoned church that has been proposed as a new home for the Children’s Museum of Manhattan. Located on the Upper West Side at 361 Central Park West, the First Church of Christ Scientist was originally completed around 1903, then designated a New York City landmark in 1973.