The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) has approved renovations at 601 West 26th Street, a historic office building in Manhattan’s West Chelsea Historic District. The scope of work includes a new outdoor terrace, illuminated ground-floor signage, and retail storefronts.
The affordable housing lottery has launched for 2 Mount Hope Place, an 11-story mixed-use new development at 1840 Jerome Avenue in Morris Heights, The Bronx. Designed by Gerald Caliendo Architects and developed by Sam Kafif, the structure yields 430 residences. Available on NYC Housing Connect are 43 units for residents at 40 to 130 percent of the area median income (AMI), ranging in eligible income from $21,738 to $215,150.
Permits have been filed for a vertical and horizontal expansion of a four-story residential building at 1155 Bedford Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. Located between Putnam Avenue and Madison Street, the lot is near the Franklin Avenue subway station, serviced by the A and C trains. Leslie Xia is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Finishing touches are wrapping up on the Virgin Hotel, a 38-story tower at 1225 Broadway in NoMad. Designed by Stantec and developed by Lam Group, the 476-foot-tall structure will yield 300,000 square feet with 460 rooms managed by Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Group. Flintlock Construction Systems is the general contractor for the Midtown, Manhattan property, which is located at the corner of Broadway and West 30th Street, a short walk from Koreatown and the Flatiron District.
Demolition is progressing on the Harte & Company warehouse at 14 Clay Street, the site of a potential 400-unit mixed-use development in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Developed by Dupont Street 1, LLC, the project will replace the derelict 91-year-old structure that has sat vacant since 2004 with a new building spanning up to 400,000 square feet with a residential component as well as 200 parking spaces, community facilities, and a grocery store. United Interior Service is the general contractor for the property, which is bound by Clay Street to the north, Dupont Street to the south, and Franklin Street to the west.