A new rendering has been revealed for 1230 Madison Avenue, an upcoming 20-story building on the Upper East Side. Located on Carnegie Hill by the the southwestern corner of Madison Avenue and East 89th Street, the site is on the same block as the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and just six blocks away from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The architectural language and style easily identifies it as the work of Robert A.M. Stern Architects.
Real Estate Equities
Morris Adjmi Architects will appear yet again before the Landmarks Preservation Commission with proposals to construct a new mixed-use office development in the East Village. Located at 3 St. Mark’s Place, the property is positioned on the corner of 3rd Avenue and St. Mark’s Place. The draft proposals also include alterations to an existing structure at 4 St. Mark’s Place and the transfer of approximately 8,400 square feet of build rights to facilitate construction of the new office building.
One Manhattan Papaya King is no more, with demolition permits filed for the former single-story structure at 3 Saint Mark’s Place in the East Village in mid-March. Now, permits have been submitted for a five-story retail and office building in its stead. Saint Mark’s has a vibrant and thriving cultural legacy, featuring a diversity of retail and restaurants. This permit will bring a bit of modernization to the Third Avenue gate to the street. Real Estate Equities Corporation is responsible for the development.
Construction at 196 Orchard Street on the Lower East Side of Manhattan has reached a new milestone, with the installation of the building’s glazed-brick façade nearing completion. The 11-story residential building stands above Houston Street, beside Katz Delicatessen. It reaches a height of 120 feet, thanks to the purchase of air rights from the deli.
Permits have been filed for the demolition of four small structures along Madison Avenue, between East 88th and 89th Street on the Upper East Side. Both 1228 and 1230 were single-story commercial buildings. 1232 and 1234 were four-story commercial and residential buildings. Real Estate Equities Corporation is responsible for the demolition.