Washington Heights will soon be home to a grand-scale realization of a Lego-block-styled tower offering class-A office space, retail, and hotel components. “Radio Tower & Hotel,” located at 2420 Amsterdam Ave, has officially broken ground, and represents the first significant mixed-use development in Washington Heights in almost 50 years.
Full demolition permits have been filed for the four-story building at 212 East 125th Street, in East Harlem, Manhattan. The 6,467-square-foot structure listed as built in 1900 has been used as industrial loft space, with two units across the four floors. The area is serviced by the 4,5,6 trains at the 125th Street station, one block away. It is unclear what plans are in store for the 2,523 square foot lot as no new building permits have been filed yet.
It has been several months since YIMBY last checked on 45 Park Place, a soon-to-be 45-story, 667-foot residential tower rising in the blocks just below Tribeca. Now, the building is nearing the halfway mark. It is already surpassing adjacent structures that have hidden ongoing progress since the project began to vertically take off this year. The site is being developed by Sharif el-Gamal’s Soho Properties, and will have a substantial presence on the changing skyline by the end of the decade.
Demolition permits have been filed for the twelve-story building at 252 West 78th Street, on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Owned by the Collegiate Churches of New York, the site will expand to 18 stories with both horizontal and vertical extensions, totaling an additional 148,299 square feet of development. With an increase in building height to 209 feet from 143 feet, the use will also change to residential, and it will have an address of 378 West End Avenue.
Nashat Ibrahim of NM Architecture recently submitted proposals to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to facilitate the renovation an existing four-story building in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Located at 907 Saint Marks Avenue, the corner lot offers frontage on both Kingston Avenue and St. Marks.