The Africa Center has commissioned Caples Jefferson Architects to complete new spaces within the property to support a lush calendar of exhibitions, performances, and educational events. Located at 1280 Fifth Avenue on the Upper East Side, Manhattan, The Africa Center occupies 70,000 square feet of the building and is spread across three floors.
Permits have been filed for a 33-story mixed-use building at 12 East 37th Street in Midtown, Manhattan. Located between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue, the interior lot is five blocks south of the Bryant Park subway station, serviced by the B, D, F, M, and 7 trains. Yusuf Bildirici of B&F Management, under the 12-14 E37th Street Development Corp., is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for an eight-story mixed-use building at 20 East 110th Street in East Harlem, Manhattan. Located at the intersection of East 110th Street and Madison Avenue, the corner lot is two blocks west of the 110th Street subway station, serviced by the 6 train and two blocks east of the 110 Street station at Central Park North, serviced by the 2 and 3 trains. A&R Properties under the 1650 Madison Holdings LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Work is moving along on the re-cladding of 660 Fifth Avenue, a 39-story commercial building in Midtown, Manhattan. Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox and developed by Brookfield Properties, the project involves the complete overhaul of the 64-year-old structure, which was originally designed by Carson & Lundin and formerly addressed as 666 Fifth Avenue, replacing its mid-century exterior with a modern glass enclosure. The 1.5-million-square-foot property is located between West 52nd and 53rd Streets.
Exterior work is nearing completion on the Tin Building, a 53,000-square-foot market structure on the rebuilt Pier 17 in the South Street Seaport District. Designed by SHoP Architects and developed by Howard Hughes Corporation with Plaza Construction as construction manager, the Lower Manhattan project will feature a seafood market by Jean-Georges Vongerichten, the main tenant of the waterfront property. The site is located to the immediate west of SHoP Architect’s Pier 17 and east of the elevated FDR Drive and South Street.