Cushman & Wakefield

151 East 60th Street

Planned Supertall at 151 East 60th Street Appears To Be Latest Casualty of Chinese Development Bust, on the Upper East Side

Directly across the street from Bloomingdale’s, 143-155 East 60th Street, or 151 East 60th Street, was supposed to give rise to a residential supertall on the southern edge of the Upper East Side. The assemblage has seen impressive design proposals released by both Archillier Architecture and Kohn Pedersen Fox. Demolition of six low-rise buildings began in the summer of 2017, after permits were filed. However, since then, activity has come to a grinding halt, and it appears that the site is the latest casualty of New York City’s Chinese-led development bust.

Read More

Potential New Development Designed by Morris Adjmi Revealed at 1215 Fulton Street in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn

Global real estate brokers Cushman & Wakefield appear to be on the hunt for a new owner or developer for a uniquely positioned assemblage in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Located at 1215 Fulton Street, the T-shaped site offers frontage on both Halsey and Fulton Streets, with a sizable interior portion extending East between residential structures on both North and Southern boundaries.

Read More

168 Plymouth Street, highlighting addition to 42 Jay Street, rendering by Alloy Design

Renderings Revealed for 42-50 Jay Street, aka 168 Plymouth Street, DUMBO, Brooklyn

Plans have been sent to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a redesign of 42 and 50 Jay Street in DUMBO, Brooklyn. The two buildings were constructed in 1921 and 1891, respectively. The proposal would reintroduce period-appropriate windowing, cleaning of the fa├žade, and additions to both rooftops. Alloy is both designing and developing, and the site will be renamed 168 Plymouth Street once complete.

Read More


165 Mercer Street’s Garage-to-Office Conversion Unveiled in SoHo

New renderings have been exclusively revealed to YIMBY for the transformation of 165 Mercer Street, in SoHo. The historic building was constructed between 1870 and 1871 under design by Henry Fernbach, and faithfully served the city as a parking garage since 1921. However, as we reported in September of 2016, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved changes for the site to undergo a conversion to office and retail use, which will be accompanied by a new penthouse level, as well.

Read More

Fetching more...