The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will soon review proposals from Morris Adjmi Architects and Hope Street Capital to construct a seven-story residential building behind a historic church at 959 Sterling Place in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Known today as the Hebron Seventh Day Adventist School, the structure was originally completed in 1889 and designated a New York City landmark in 2011.
Morris Adjmi Architects
Façade work is getting closer to completion at 30 East 31st Street, a 39-story, 479-foot-tall residential tower in NoMad. Designed by Morris Adjmi Architects and developed by Ekstein Development and Pinnacle Real Estate, the slender structure will yield 70,000 square feet and 42 units marketed by Reuveni Real Estate. Residences will average 1,700 square feet apiece with prices ranging from $1.65 million to upwards of $12 million.
Construction has topped out at 540 Sixth Avenue, a 12-story condominium building in Chelsea. Designed by Morris Adjmi Architects and developed by Landsea Homes and DNA Development, the structure will yield 50 units across 80,000 square feet of residential space, with sales and marketing led by Douglas Elliman. The property, which is located at the corner of West 14th Street and Sixth Avenue, will also feature ground-floor retail space.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission is scheduled to hold a remote public hearing to review the exterior restoration of a landmarked structure and the construction of a 20-story mixed-use residential building in Tribeca, Manhattan. The existing landmarked property is located at 315 Broadway, and the new residential building will debut as 317 Broadway.
Full demolition permits have been filed for 36-40 West 8th Street in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. According to the filing, the three adjacent lots are owned by Straus Group under the Clinton Eight Realty LLC. Located on the corner of West 8th Street and MacDougal Street, the property currently houses two one-story commercial buildings with with a total lot area of 4,775 square feet. Built in 1937, the structures offer a collective frontage of 104 feet along the intersection.