E. Cobb Architects has again presented proposals to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a hulking private residence at 11 Hubert Street in the Tribeca West Historic District. The design team was commissioned by an unnamed private client to design a five-story single-family structure on the corner of Hubert and Collister Streets.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) and local Community Board 7 have again failed to approve proposals to renovate and enliven an abandoned church that has been proposed as a new home for the Children’s Museum of Manhattan. Located on the Upper West Side at 361 Central Park West, the First Church of Christ Scientist was originally completed around 1903, then designated a New York City landmark in 1973.
The new dome addition atop 44 Union Square, the former headquarters of Tammany Hall, is now fully enclosed in glass. The renovation and addition project is designed by BKSK Architects. Reading International (RDI) is the developer and Edifice Real Estate Partners is the owners representative. CNY Group is in charge of construction on the historic building, which overlooks Union Square.
One of the first in a slew of proposals to revamp pedestrian areas surrounding the New York Stock Exchange has landed in front of the Landmarks Preservation Commission. This phase of work pertains to the construction of new concrete seating and planters near the Fearless Girl sculpture, Federal Hall, and along the intersection of Broad and Wall Street.
Trader Joe’s, one of the New York City’s most beloved independent grocery chains, could soon open up shop in a recently vacated landmarked venue near the Manhattan onramp of the Queensboro Bridge at 405 East 59th Street. The application is currently under review by the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) which is expected to provide feedback on proposed upgrades to the building’s facçade and historic interior spaces.