The development team behind Victory Plaza, a new 100% affordable senior housing project, has successfully closed on $65 million in construction financing to facilitate completion of the project. Located in Harlem at 11 West 118th Street, the building will eventually rise nine stories and comprise 136 rental homes. A total of 41 units will be reserved for the formerly homeless.
Full demolition permits have been filed for the three-story building at 45 East 126th Street, in Harlem, along with adjacent lots 1975 and 1981 Madison Avenue. Owned by Metropolitan Community United Methodist Church, the three buildings were built at separate times, but some of the construction dates back to 1905 according to NYC Planning records. The Metropolitan Community United Methodist Church was founded in 1942 yet the edifice it currently occupies was built from 1869-71, for St. James Methodist Episcopal Church of Harlem. The Neo-Gothic building features a noble bell tower and vaulted interior.
After purchasing a five-building site at 54-62 West 125th Street this summer, Developer Jay Group recently secured $37 million in financing to develop the mixed-use property. Their 140,000 square-foot vision in Harlem, Manhattan includes one retail unit and the addition of 141 residential units to the area between Lenox and Fifth Avenues. The projected development site qualifies for both 421-a and Industrial and Commercial Abatement Program tax benefits for the mix of commercial and residential units—30 percent of which will be affordable. JFA is responsible for the design.
Permits have been filed for a new sixteen-story mixed-use building at 410 West 126th Street in Harlem, Manhattan. Located between Morningside and Amsterdam avenues, the corner lot is one block away from the 125th Street subway station, serviced by the A,B, C, and D trains. It is also three blocks south of St. Nicholas Park, and four blocks north of Morningside Park. Jianhui Hu of Columbia International is listed as behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a single-story commercial structure at 110 East 125th Street in Harlem, Manhattan. The site is located on the same block as the 125th Street Metro-North train station, and the 125th Street subway station serviced by the 4, 5, and 6 trains. The Durst Organization is listed as responsible for development.