Plans to construct a pair of high-rise towers at 250 Water Street in the South Street Seaport Historic District have been dramatically scaled down, as revealed in updated proposals from Howard Hughes Corporation and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill. Additional members of the project team include architects JHPA and historic preservation consultants Higgins Quasebarth & Partners.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
A recently completed Environmental Assessment Study reveals detailed floor plans and scope of renovation for the historic Windemere Building in Hell’s Kitchen. Located at 400 West 57th Street on Ninth Avenue, the property was constructed in 1881 by developer Henry Sterling Goodale and is recognized as the area’s first large multi-family apartment complex.
Full demolition permits have been filed for 327 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. According to the filing, the site is owned by William Gottlieb Real Estate. Located at the intersection of Christopher Street and Bleecker Street, the site currently houses a four-story mixed-use building with two residential units and three commercial units. The 53-foot-tall structure was built as a two-story house between 1832 and 1833.
Renderings from Format Architecture Office reveal proposed alterations to the façade and internal organization of 406 West 13th Street in Manhattan’s Gansevoort Market Historic District. The area is more commonly referred to as the Meatpacking District and falls within the jurisdiction of the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC), which will need to grant a Certificate of Appropriateness to the developer before any construction can begin.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission will this week review updated proposals to renovate an existing commercial office building and construct a ground-up ten-story building at 122 Fifth Avenue in Union Square, Manhattan. The T-shaped property is located within the Ladies Mile Historic District and was originally completed in 1899 by architect Robert Maynicke and real estate developer Henry Corn.