New permits have been filed for a five-story residential building at 326 Avenue U, in Gravesend, Brooklyn. The filing confirms that the lot has changed ownership since YIMBY covered earlier plans in 2016. The Avenue U subway station is on the block, serviced by the F train. Astoria-based Vardo Construction Corporation is listed as behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a four-story school at 1846 West 1846 West 13th Street, in Gravesend, Brooklyn. The facility will be an addition to the existing space at P.S. 97, known as The Highlawn. The site is six blocks away from the 25th Avenue subway station, serviced by the D and F trains, and two stops away from Coney Island. The NYC School Construction Authority will be responsible for the development.
Permits have been filed for a four-story structure at 207 Bay 35th Street, in Gravesend, Brooklyn. The 25th Avenue subway station lies just east of the property, and offers service on the D line. Kam Cheung Realty LLC is responsible for the development.
Permits have been filed for a single-story community facility building at 2000 Shore Parkway in Gravesend, Brooklyn. The structure will include office space, a maintenance shop, and equipment storage space for the benefit of nearby gardens, sports fields, and playgrounds. A portion will serve as a public comfort station, and district headquarters for the department. It will be located in Calvert Vaux Park, an athletics, leisure, and nature-spotting destination that borders with Coney Island.
Brooklyn-based Jonico Construction & Development has filed applications for a second three-story, three-unit residential building at 2272-2276 82nd Street, in northern Gravesend. The first building, also a three-story, three-unit structure, was initially filed in October, YIMBY reported. Both buildings will measure 4,986 square feet each. Across both, the full-floor apartments should average 1,247 square feet apiece, indicative of family-sized units. Brooklyn-based Design Studio Associates is the architect of record. The 60-foot-wide, 6,000-square-foot site’s three-story house was demolished in November.