The Bromley Companies have tapped Perkins Eastman Architects for a three-story, vertical addition to an existing 19th century building in Manhattan’s Flatiron neighborhood. Located at 122 Fifth Avenue between 17th and 18th Streets, the structure was originally completed in 1899 by architect Robert Maynicke and real estate developer Henry Corn.
Global real estate brokers Cushman & Wakefield appear to be on the hunt for a new owner or developer for a uniquely positioned assemblage in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Located at 1215 Fulton Street, the T-shaped site offers frontage on both Halsey and Fulton Streets, with a sizable interior portion extending East between residential structures on both North and Southern boundaries.
At the beginning of 2018, One Vanderbilt Avenue was only just rising above its retail podium. While it was as wide as it would ever be, it was hard to imagine the inevitable future height that the Midtown has already reached. When complete, the supertall will be the fourth tallest skyscraper in New York City, competing with the Billionaires Row and FiDi Supertalls, and now it’s finally piercing the Midtown plateau. Work is about three or four floors below the 808-foot-tall Metlife building, meaning One Vanderbilt is well past half its full height of 1,401 feet. Hines and SL Green are responsible for the development.
Construction is moving fast for 425 Park Avenue, as is the curtain wall. The new Midtown office tower rising on Manhattan’s most prestigious thoroughfare saw steel begin climbing rapidly as soon as construction breeched the original partially-demolished extant structure. As it now stands, topping out appears imminent. The concrete core has reached the top floor, while the steel has 15 more stories remaining before its final 41st level. L&L Holding Company is responsible for the development.
Glass is starting to rise at 260 Kent Avenue, and there’s something strangely pleasing about the new façade. The clean pre-cast concrete panels are shockingly white, and have deeply set back windows. The molecular pattern and forms of sugar crystals inspired the unusual design, as an homage to the Domino Sugar Factory that used to dominate the Williamsburg waterfront.