Fisher Brothers this week announced an agreement with the Blue Bottle Coffee café chain to lease ground-floor space in 1345 Avenue of the Americas in Midtown. Under the 15-year lease, Blue Bottle will encompass 953 square feet of retail space at the base of the tower beginning in Q4 2019.
OKO Group has released renderings of its partial conversion of the Crown Building at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street, which is well underway with lofted scaffolding and a hoist structure fully operational above street level. As announced earlier this year, the property will debut as Aman New York, featuring residences and a hotel spanning the building’s fourth through 24th floors.
The stone façade is continuing to ascend the twisting superstructures of The XI. The unique pair of reinforced concrete towers is designed by Bjarke Ingels of Bjarke Ingels Group and stands immediately to the west of the High Line in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea. The 36- and 26-story structures topped out in March and will contain 236 condominiums and a 137-room Six Senses Hotel Resorts Spas, the first location in the United States. HFZ Capital Group is the developer of the 908,250-square-foot project, while Omnibuild is in charge of the ongoing construction at 76 Eleventh Avenue. Douglas Elliman is handling sales and marketing for the residences.
The Pendry Manhattan West Hotel’s distinctive wavy curtain wall is reaching the upper floors of the topped-out structure at Four Manhattan West. Designed by Skidmore Owings & Merrill and developed by Brookfield Properties, the 21-story building is part of Midtown’s Manhattan West complex, which sits directly adjacent to Hudson Yards. The structure’s fluted glass façade on the northern and southern elevations will easily distinguish it from the other glass-clad towers in the Manhattan West complex. The Pendry will yield a total of 164 guest rooms and a selection of condominiums on the upper floors.
Full demolition permits have been filed for 123 West 57th Street in Midtown, Manhattan. According to the filing, the site is owned by Alchemy Properties. It currently houses Calvary Baptist Church and the Salisbury Hotel, a 16-story, 153-foot-tall structure built in 1930.