The seven-story, mixed-use building at 25-10 38th Avenue in northern Long Island City appears close to completion. Although the project is currently on hold, only minor exterior work remains.
Newark, N.J.-based F.M. Renaissance is planning to redevelop the dilapidated, four-story former Murphy Varnish Works industrial complex at 127 Chestnut Street, located on the corner of McWhorter Street in Newark’s Ironbound district.
Brooklyn-based Bawabeh Realty Holdings has filed applications for a four-story, six-unit residential project planned at 37 Herkimer Street, located in southwestern Bedford-Stuyvesant. The new building will measure 5,688 square feet and its residential units should average 664 square feet apiece, indicative of rental apartments. There will be two apartments per floor on the ground and second floors, followed by two larger apartments across both the third and fourth floors. Aryeh Siegel’s Hudson Valley-based firm is the architect of record. The 2,000-square-foot lot is vacant.
Brooklyn-based developer Moshe Friedman has filed applications for a four-story, eight-unit residential project at 61 Troutman Street, in western Bushwick. The new building will measure 7,184 square feet and its residential units should average 685 square feet apiece, indicative of rental apartments. There will be two apartments per floor. Boaz Golani’s Brooklyn-based BEAM Architects is the architect of record. The 25-foot-wide, 2,500-square-foot lot is vacant.
Brooklyn-based Candor Capital has filed applications for a six-story, 17-unit residential building at 1764 Union Street, on the eastern end of Crown Heights. The project will measure 14,206 square feet and rise to a height of 63 feet. The residential units should average 705 square feet apiece, indicative of rental apartments. There will also be a 396-square-foot recreational area behind the structure. Diego B. Aguilera’s Rego Park-based firm is the architect of record. The 30-foot-wide, 3,483-square-foot lot was occupied by a two-story townhouse until the structure was demolished in October 2015.