VonDalwig Architecture has successfully petitioned the Landmarks Preservation Commission to permit the construction of a single-story penthouse expansion at 405 Vanderbilt Avenue in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. Following feedback from the commissioners in the fall, the design team reduced the peak height of the volume’s sloped roof by almost two feet, selected a lighter-colored zinc façade, and raised the existing parapet and chimneys by three rows of brick.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) has approved the residential redevelopment of a historic mixed-use building at 315 Broadway in Tribeca. The landmarked structure was originally constructed around 1861 and currently contains a small retail component on the ground floor and four loft spaces above.
The affordable housing lottery is open for The Grand Apartments, 94 newly built units across three buildings in the South Bronx‘s Mount Hope and Fordham neighborhoods. All three 12-story properties are developed by Thorobird Companies and designed by GF55 Partners. 220 East 178th Street yields 43,291 square feet with 52 residential units and ground-floor community facility space. 225 East 179th Street comprises 33,602 square feet with 37 residential units, and 2195 Morris Avenue has 52,005 square feet with 49 residential units. Available on NYC Housing Connect are a mix of studios and one-, two-, and three-bedroom units for residents at 30 to 80 percent of the area median income, ranging in eligible income from $0 to $112,800.
Renderings form Issac & Stern Architects reveal a new six-story condominium building at 324 East 93rd Street in Yorkville, Manhattan. The project sits mid-block between First and Second Avenues and is closest to the 96th Street-2nd Avenue subway station, serviced by the N and Q train trains.
Construction is wrapping up on 21-59 44th Drive, a six-story mixed-use building in Long Island City, Queens. Designed by Z Architecture, the structure will bring 20 residential units, 2,600 square feet of retail space, and 361 square feet of community facilities to the northern corner of 44th Drive and 23rd Street.