The Four Seasons Restaurant is a New York City icon within a New York City icon (the Seagram Building) and to say proposed changes to it were unwelcomed by the members of the Landmarks Preservation Commission would be the understatement of the week. The building, located at 375 Park Avenue / 99 East 52nd Street, was completed in 1958 and the restaurant opened one year later. They are the product of legendary architects Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Philip Johnson, along with the firm of Kahn & Jacobs. The restaurant is a symbol of New York’s power and greatness. Most of us will never dine there, but those who have consider its spaces basically sacred.
YIMBY has snagged a rendering for a small affordable housing development at 7 Stagg Street, between Union Avenue and Lorimer Street, in Williamsburg.
DNAinfo has the first renderings of Upper Class Development’s planned seven-story, 42-unit mixed-use project at 810 Flushing Avenue, in northern Bushwick. YIMBY reported on applications filed in August of 2014, and a large amount of commercial and community space is being included on the first two levels. Demolition began on the site’s old single-story building in February, and completion of the new structure is expected in 2016.
Fortis Property Group, the owner of the Long Island College Hospital complex at 339 Hicks Street, in Cobble Hill, has proposed redeveloping the properties into 820 residential units, retail, and a medical treatment center, per Curbed. The 1 million square-foot-plus project includes 16-, 20-, 30- and 40-story towers, as well as seven new townhouses, and would require ULURP approval. A large amount of park space is also included, and FXFOWLE is designing.
At the corner of Pontiac Place and Jackson Avenue in the Melrose section of the South Bronx, a new building application has been filed for a six-story mixed-use building with ground floor retail and community space.