The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) is now reviewing updated proposals to renovate the landmarked Episcopal St. James Church and redevelop the parish’s campus at 2500 Jerome Avenue in the Fordham section of The Bronx. The updates arrive as an attempt to strengthen the dialogue between the religious structure and the proposed residential building.
The affordable housing lottery is now open for Uptown 6, a collection of 32 renovated rental units in across several buildings including 118 West 139th Street, 123 West 112nd Street, 30 West 132nd Street, 281 West 118th Street, 120 West 139th Street, and 122 West 139th Street in Manhattan’s West Harlem neighborhood. Available on NYC Housing Connect are a mix of studios, one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom units for residents at 80 percent of the area median income, ranging in eligible income from $48,480 to $120,080.
Permits have been filed for a 28-story mixed-use building at 620 West 153rd Street in Hamilton Heights, Manhattan. Located between Broadway and Riverside Drive, the through lot is also addressed as 619 West 152nd Street. Four blocks south is the West 157th Street subway station, serviced by the 1 train. Jay Group is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Façade installation is progressing on 3 Sutton Place, a 847-foot-tall residential skyscraper at 430 East 58th Street in Midtown East and number 15 on our countdown of the tallest construction projects underway in New York. Designed by Thomas Juul-Hansen and developed by Gamma Real Estate with Stephen B. Jacobs Group as the executive architect, the 62-story tower is located between Sutton Place South and First Avenue and will yield a total of 121 residential units. The site is a short distance away from the East River and the Sutton Place Park North esplanade.
Renderings from Bruno Kearney Architects reveal a new TD Bank retail location within the historic Brill Building at 1619 Broadway in Midtown, Manhattan. Located on the corner of West 49th Street, the property was originally constructed around 1931 and was designated a landmark in 2010 for its ornate Art Deco façade. The prominence of the building requires approval of all proposed work by the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC).