Located at 2351 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard in Central Harlem, the Rennie has officially launched sales of its 134 condominiums spread over eight stories. Developed by BRP Companies and designed by GF55 Partners, sales will be handled by Halstead Property Development Marketing. There will be studios to three-bedroom residences that start at $580,000, and range up to $1.89 million. The site is located where the Renaissance Ballroom and Casino once stood, with the first two floors of the new building becoming an ode to the rich cultural and architectural history of the original structure.
Construction on the Virgin Hotel at 1225 Broadway has reached yet another milestone. Since we last checked in May, the building has more than doubled in height, and is nearly two-thirds of the way to topping out 38 floors above street level. The project is being developed by the Lam Group and is part of a larger trend of new hotel towers in the NoMad area near the Empire State Building.
Stillman Development International has unveiled their ambitious renovation plans for one of New York City’s oldest theaters. Located at 215 West 42nd Street, Times Square Theater was originally constructed in 1920 by Italian architect Eugene de Rosa who designed several performance centers in both Manhattan and Staten Island.
Permits have been filed for a 26-story mixed-use building at 30 Front Street, a parking lot for the Jehovah Witnesses Watchtower building in DUMBO, Brooklyn. The lot was the last significant piece of property that the organization had to sell, a process started in 2011 following a decision to move upstate to Warwick, New York. Fortis Property Group is behind the applications.
Located in the heart of Chelsea, and sitting adjacent to 520 West 28th Street designed by the late Zaha Hadid, the neighborhood’s newest art gallery has now opened beneath the High Line, and has been dubbed the “High Line Nine.” Developed by Related Companies, this highly anticipated project at 507 West 27th Street was inspired by European gallerias, and presents a new concept of mixing a museum, a gallery, an exhibition space, and a cafe within a continuous interior space created by Markus Dochantschi’s international design team at Studio MDA.