The Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) has approved plans submitted by CTA Architects to partially replace the existing stairway in front of New York City Hall. Located within a wedge-shaped plaza between Broadway, Park Row, and Chambers Street, the historic structure was originally completed around 1812 and serves as the seat of the New York City government.
Permits have been filed for a ten-story mixed-use building at 1607 Surf Avenue in Coney Island, Brooklyn. Located at the intersection of West 17th Street and Surf Avenue, the corner lot is a short walk to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue subway station, serviced by the D, F, and Q trains. BFC Partners under the Coney Island Associates Phase 2 is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a four-story residential building at 923 Lafayette Avenue in Stuyvesant Heights, Brooklyn. Located between Lewis Avenue and Stuyvesant Avenue, the interior lot is two blocks from the Kosciuszko Street subway station, serviced by the J train. Shai Birenzweig under the 923 Lafayette LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications.
500 West 25th Street is beginning to reveal more of its Alabama Limestone and glass envelope as the scaffolding comes down. Located at the corner of West 25th Street and Tenth Avenue in Chelsea immediately to the east of the High Line, the ten-story residential building is designed by GF55 Partners and being developed by GDS Development. L’Observatoire International is in charge of the façade lighting.
E. Cobb Architects has again presented proposals to the Landmarks Preservation Commission for a hulking private residence at 11 Hubert Street in the Tribeca West Historic District. The design team was commissioned by an unnamed private client to design a five-story single-family structure on the corner of Hubert and Collister Streets.