Within the past few weeks, Long Island-based American Equity Partners filed applications and began the approval process to convert the 12-story, 350,000-square-foot office building at 440 Hamilton Avenue, located on the corner of North Broadway in downtown White Plains, into 245 residential units. A rendering of the project has also been revealed by the Westchester County Business Journal.
An anonymous Brooklyn-based LLC has filed applications for a six-story, five-unit residential building at 566 Grand Street, in Williamsburg. The project will measure 7,875 square feet and its residential units should average 1,276 square feet apiece, indicative of condominiums. There will be a duplex apartment across the ground and second floors, followed by full-floor apartments on the third through sixth floors. William A. Corcoran’s Brooklyn-based firm is the architect of record. The 25-foot-wide, 1,875-square-foot plot is occupied by a two-story building. Records indicate demolition began in January.
Nearly eight months ago, an apartment building was proposed as a replacement for a garage building at 11-19 Jane Street, in the West Village. On Tuesday, at its fourth session on the matter and after intense opposition from the public, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the structure.
In his State of the City speech last night, Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled plans to increase affordable housing for low-income families, fund legal services for tenants facing eviction in housing court, and create a new manufacturing campus in Sunset Park.
Bronx-based Kodra Construction has filed applications for a six-story, 23-unit residential building at 1810 Crotona Park East, located in the West Bronx’s Crotona Park East section. The project will measure 18,892 square feet and its residential units should average 722 square feet apiece, indicative of rental apartments. There will also be seven off-street parking spaces. Mohammad R. Badaly’s Mount Vernon, N.Y.-based firm is the architect of record. The 50-foot-wide, 4,996-square-foot plot is vacant. The site was occupied by a two-story house until 2008.