Permits have been filed for a seven-story mixed-use building at 371 52nd Street in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. Located between Church Avenue and Snyder Avenue, the corner lot is about half a mile east of the Church Avenue subway station, serviced by the 2 train. Tian Lu of 5120 Realty Corp. is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a 17-story mixed-use building at 51-22 Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing, Queens. Located between 51st Street and 52nd Street, the corner lot is steps away from the 52 Street-Lincoln Avenue subway station, serviced by the 7 train. Peng Li under the HW LIC ONE LLC is listed as the owner behind the applications.
YIMBY went on a hard hat tour of One Wall Street, a historic, 51-story Art Deco tower designed by Ralph Walker and completed in 1931. Formerly the headquarters of the Bank of New York and Irving Trust Company, the Financial District icon is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion residential conversion and expansion. A five-story addition is underway and being constructed above the adjoining mid-century annex. SLCE Architects is serving the architect of record while Harry Macklowe of Macklowe Properties is the developer. CORE is handling sales and marketing of the planned 566 housing units.
Work has resumed on 540 Fulton Street, a 511-foot-tall, 42-story, mixed-use skyscraper in Downtown Brooklyn. Construction had been suspended since February, when stop work orders were issued due to alleged safety concerns at the site. The mixed-use residential project is being designed by Marvel Architects and developed by Jenel Management. The reinforced concrete tower will yield about 330,000 square feet, with nearly 96,600 square feet to be allocated to commercial space on the lower floors. The remainder will be reserved for residences and measure about 236,900 square feet.
Proposals from the Francesca Russo Architect design team reveal plans to modernize exterior elements of an aging Greek Revival-style building at 5 West 16th Street. Located near Union Square Park, the building was originally completed in 1846 as a private residence. The home was later designated an official city landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in June 1986.