The Greenpoint waterfront is looking to get yet another major development. Permits have been filed for a 33-story building at 65 Private Drive, in Brooklyn, New York. The nearest subway station, seven blocks away, is the Greenpoint Avenue station, serviced by the G train. M&H Realty Partners will be responsible for development.
An eight-story affordable housing project has been completed at 1422 Crotona Park East, in Crotona Park East, The Bronx. The site is right across the street from Crotona Park, which has several baseball fields, and other sports facilities. The Freeman Street Subway Station is six blocks away, serviced by the 2 and 5 trains. The Doe Fund, whose focus on rehabilitating people with histories of homelessness, incarceration, or substance abuse, is responsible for the development. The Briarwood Organization is responsible for the general contracting.
Permits have been filed for a four-story residential building at 389 Sumpter Street, in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. The project will rise seven blocks away from the Broadway Junction Subway Station, serviced by the A, C, L, J, M, and Z lines. The East New York train station is also nearby, serviced by the Long Island Rail Road. 4SE Corp will be responsible for the development.
Back in June, YIMBY reported on progress for the Block 675 Redevelopment, just to the southwest of Related’s Hudson Yards supertalls. The site sits on the corner of 30th Street and 11th Avenue, and there, Douglaston Development and Lalezarian Properties want to use air rights transferred from Chelsea Piers via the Special Hudson River Park District to build over 1,200 apartments. Now, we have some fresh renderings, a clearer look at Tower B, and the latest figures for the still-growing proposal, which consists of two towers being designed by FXFOWLE and Ismael Leyva Architects.
Just South of Union Square, on Broadway between East 12th and East 13th Streets, there are two Italianate-inspired buildings from 1866 and 1867, at 827-831 Broadway. Back in 2015, the sites had been purchased for $60 million by the real estate investors Samson Klugman of Quality Capital, and Leo Tsimmer of Caerus Group. They had initially filed permits for a 300-foot-tall commercial space, but that was stopped when the Landmarks Preservation Commission awarded landmark status for the 150-year old construction.