Proposed Changes To Four Seasons Restaurant Go Over Like Lead Balloon At Landmarks
The Four Seasons Restaurant is a New York City icon within a New York City icon (the Seagram Building) and to say proposed changes to it were unwelcomed by the members of the Landmarks Preservation Commission would be the understatement of the week. The building, located at 375 Park Avenue / 99 East 52nd Street, was completed in 1958 and the restaurant opened one year later. They are the product of legendary architects Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Philip Johnson, along with the firm of Kahn & Jacobs. The restaurant is a symbol of New York’s power and greatness. Most of us will never dine there, but those who have consider its spaces basically sacred.